Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Collaboration
As I reflect on my classroom and my teaching what I thought was good classroom collaboration was just so-so student collaboration. Just having students "talk to their" partner is not what effective collaboration is. Is is pushing your students to a level of shared responsibility, having reasons to collaborate, and goal oriented. I found that most of my students communication while question oriented they weren't goal oriented. As a teacher I need to help them find their purpose in collaborating. This is a goal that I am going to make for my classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have seen collaboration take many forms in my room, but the most success I have seen is during math when they orient to other's thinking and explanations through math talks and math discussions. Always getting them to understand the purpose behind it though is the challenge.
ReplyDelete